NxFilter is a freeware web filter designed for enterprise environment.
With NxFilter you can monitor and filter the Internet activity in your network
while protecting your users from malware and botnet.
Yet it's free!
* Now we have a demo site. You can test NxFilter before you install it.
* Go demo site!
* On 2014-02-27, There are 48,314 users being protected by 429 NxFilter installations
running over 68 countries filtering 207,130,990 DNS requests for 5,729,963 domains on the same day.
Editors of several websites reviewed NxFilter.
Faster download from CNET.
Latest NxFilter packages.
What's new in v1.7.6
- Alert interval changed to 5 minutes.
- Include SRV record for category lookup.
- RecordSet not closing bug from config, report fixed.
- Embedded Tomcat updated to v7.0.52.
- max_domain_len adjusted to between 0 and 1000.
If you find any bug or technical problem contact me.
NxFilter won the editor's choice award from
* Local DNS cache to accelerate Internet speed
* Load-balancing and fail-safe with clustering
* Active Directory, OpenLDAP, eDirectory integration
* User or Group based policy assignment
* Remote user filtering
* Bandwidth control
* Quota time
* Phishing protection
* Malware and botnet detection
* Expiration date for a user
* Dual policy for work-time and free-time
* 4 types of user authentication
- IP based authentication
- Password based authentication
- LDAP authentication
- Single sign-on with Active Directory
* Blocking by domain category
- Shallalist and urlblacklist supported
* Unlimited custom categories
* Embedded webserver and embedded DB, built-in GUI
- Everything in one box
- Easy install, easy setup, easy maintenance
* Runs everywhere including Windows, Linux
* Dashboard and reporting
* IP based ACL
* Whitelist and Blacklist based on domain matching and keyword searching
* DNS query history search with various conditions
* Logging only not blocking option
- You can monitor user activity without blocking
* Internationalized domain name support
* Block reason view in block page
* Email alert
* Syslog exportation